27 February 2009

Exercise

Ok, so I've been neglecting this blog. Anywho, I've been trying different exercise things, and found a bit of advice from a Navy SEAL on another blog: the exercise pyramid. How the pyramid works is you assign each exercise a number 1-w/e and as you go up the pyramid you multiply the number you assign (the number of reps that you'll do) of each exercise and the step that you're on (ie. you decide to do 1 pull up, 2 push ups,and 3 sit ups, so that's on the first step of the pyramid, the second step: 2 pull ups, 4 push ups, 6 setups...third: 3 pull ups, 6 push ups, 9 sit ups, etc...) He suggests doing pull ups, push ups, and sit ups. However, I don't have a bar accessible to me to do pull ups (it's Minnesota and winter folks...). So I've decided to have a couple versions.

Version one is for when I visit (which I have to start tomorrow) the Stillwater Dome (which has a run/walk track around it):
+ Walk 1 lap
+ 2 push ups
+ 3 sit ups
+ 1 min. run
-----
+ Walk 1 lap
+ 4 push ups
+ 6 sit ups
+ 2 min run
----
+ Walk 1 lap
+ 6 push ups
+ 9 sit ups
+ 2.5 min run
----
+ Walk 1 lap
+ 8 push ups
+ 12 sit ups
+ 3 min run
----
+ Walk 1 lap
+ 10 push ups
+ 12 sit ups
+ 3 min run

(and back down) I'll be upping the push ups, sit ups and run time, and possibly take out the walk lap after the first few rounds..

Version 2: For at home on a cold day...this will be a normal pyramid so I'm only going to give the base
+ 1 handstand push up (opt. switch w/ 5 squats)
+ 2 push ups
+ 3 sit ups
+ 4 burpies / curl ups

No comments:

Post a Comment