14 January 2009

United States Navy

Ok, I've been considering joining the Navy since high school. Now is the first time I've taken this 100% seriously. I've had a little battle with myself. And a few things that I have to remember, and convince myself of. I wrote an entry in my journal that I wish to share, so I'll be typing this word-for-word.

-----------------------------

14 January 2009

Ok, I'm having another bout of wanting to join the military. Only this time, it's with the Navy for sure, and serious. I almost went through MEPS tonight and tomorrow, but I made the decision that I need a little more time. I'm scared shitless. My whole life is going to change. I'm going to get my ass kicked. I'm going to be pushed passed my known limits. At some point, I'm going to live on a giant piece of technology.

What am I going to miss most? My friends and family. I don't want to lose anyone for this decision. My dad seems the biggest worry though he's just worried about my happiness.

Will I be happy? I think so. I'll be on a big ol' adventure. There will be times when I'm completely unhappy and I may need to talk with a counsellor/therapist. But I'd also be making about $20/hr. [Not counting food and housing]

I think it's time for me to grow up. I need to learn financial responsibility and other types of responsibility.

My other worry, what if I really can't stand all the disrespect? It would really suck to get tossed in jail for saying the wrong shit.

But I think I can do it. I am strong. I'd be in shape for the first time in years. That alone would make me proud. I'll [still] get contact with my friends and parents. I can take leave to visit them. I need a new sense of patriotism. I've also always[...] I already feel proud about considering it. I think I need to do this.

But also HOLY MOTHER FUCKING SHIT!! Will I make it?

I've always thought that everyone should serve their country at some point in their lives. Whether that's community service or the military.

I think what I need at this point is people to root me on. I CAN DO THIS! I CAN! AND I WILL! I WILL BE A UNITED STATES SAILOR! I AM STRONG AND WEAKNESS I WILL OVERCOME! I WILL BECOME ALL THAT I CAN BE AND MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment